Thinking of having a winter wedding?! Or have you had to move your wedding date from a spring or summer wedding to a new date in the winter?I bet you have a million questions/ideas in your head!
It’s a stressful time planning your wedding day when everything is normal but with coronavirus dominating the news and life at the moment …. its a massive headache! Lets get excited about a different season for wedding planning.
Personally I love a winter wedding and as a photographer love the scope for moody lighting and opportunities for using different styles of lighting and compositions.
Here are some helpful hints and a gorgeous winter wedding to give you some inspiration. Harry and Emma choose a winter wedding on an early December date at the very gorgeous The great Barn in Devon, a venue I love to work at for its dramatic lighting, seamless service and beautiful surroundings. The gorgeous food is supplied by Dartmoor Kitchen and is to die for.
The day was cold and crisp and fantastic for pictures – we started the day with a rainbow and had all four seasons in a day. We managed to nip out in between showers and get a great variety of images for Harry and Emma’s wedding gallery.
The day was full of love, rainbows and emotion
Here are a few ideas to make your day look beautiful
1. Think about seasonal flowers or dried flowers!
2. The ceremony time is very important – earlier the better so some natural light can be used for the large group pictures after the ceremony
3. In season food and styling can be so lovely at winter time. Forget the Pimms and think Hot Toddies or mulled wine!
4. Christmas time and twinkly lights can lend itself really well to wedding styling
5.Think of cover ups and pashminas for going outside for a few photos, winter wedding outfits can be rich and stylish and add a touch of glamour with some fur..fake of course!
6. Have the most awesome fun filled day with your nearest and dearest